TOPIC: My ex is trying to move 200 miles away

My ex is trying to move 200 miles away 1 week 3 days ago #88009

My ex is claiming that her work have terminated her position in Manchester but have offered her one in London with only 5 weeks notice .
I see my son 2 evenings a week and one day at a weekend .
She has not allowed my son to stay at mine overnight even tho he has a stable environment at my house .
She is now telllinb me she will be moving down to London /oxford area in 5 weeks! Very convenient seen as her family are in oxford .
My son has only just stared reception class and she will be disrupting him massively and also obviously limiting my visitation to him.
Anyone have any information / advice in regards to challenging this and going for full custody?
  • mellor
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My ex is trying to move 200 miles away 1 week 3 days ago #88010

You can apply for an emergency Prohibited Steps Order to stop her moving but there are no guarantees a court will go in your favour. With regard to getting sole custody, unless there are serious safeguarding concerns, a court very rarely changes a child's residency.

I do think it's a rubbish thing of her to do but at least if you go down the court route, even if she is allowed to go, you will end up with a court order for contact that she will have to stick to.
  • Yoda
  • Thank you received: 348
DAD.info Moderator

If we have helped you in any way, please help DAD.info by placing your votes on the Aviva Funding Competition website for DAD.info – please click here: community-fund.aviva.co.uk/voting/project/view/17-4643 thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mellor