Free online course for separated parents
CAFCASS Safeguardin...

Notifications
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

[Solved] CAFCASS Safeguarding Letter

(@Peter1)
Active Member Registered

Hi everyone, My safeguarding letter came back today from cafcass my childs mother has said that she has seen me and my partner smoking weed i am just wanting to know could the courts order a drugs test on my partner aswell as me?

Topic starter Posted : 26/08/2020 11:30 pm
(@Peter1)
Active Member Registered

Hi everyone

had my safeguarding letter today
and my gate keeping hearing is on friday which i dont have to attend im just wondering how long will it be from my gatekeeping hearing untill i actually attend court? if theres drug tests that hve to be done will these get done before i go to court? or will this be dragged out longer because i have to do them

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/08/2020 11:46 pm

top tips to support your child after breakup

(@bill337)
Illustrious Member

hi,

its likely at gatekeeping hearing they will announce another court hearing. if it's going to happen in next 2-3 months, then chances are that it will be a remote/phone hearing. cafcass will likely do a full report (section 7) which takes 2-3 months, and will recommend whether any drug tests should be done. whole process could take 6 months. maybe more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2020 12:05 am
Peter1 and Peter1 reacted
(@Daddyup)
Prominent Member Registered

Hi Peter

What is your current situation? Do you have any contact even if via video?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2020 12:39 am

(@Peter1)
Active Member Registered

Hi, no i have no contact with my daughter atall the whole situation was hostile my daughters two in december and i decided i need to settle this as we could not come to any sort of set agreement. in the safe sguarding letter the mother has said she has seen me and my partner smoking weed in the community, could the courts order my partner to have a drugs test aswell as me? also the letter states that not all safeguarding checks have been made, can someone tell me what this means as im really confused i thought this was the safeguarding letter and that is it

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/08/2020 3:05 am
(@Ferfer)
Reputable Member Registered

They may not have done the full police checks or looked in to if the kids are known to social services. They may be doing that now. These are the usual things they look in to for a section 7.
I am not sure if they can make your partner get drug tested, but if your ex is claiming you have been smoking weed, then they may ask you to do regular drug test to ensure you are not using it. I have no experience on drug testing, so no idea how long this will take to come back, I would imagine your ex may claim you can not see the kid until a negative test comes back.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2020 11:55 am

how contact centres work

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Share:

Pin It on Pinterest