Free online course for separated parents
About family court ...

Notifications
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

[Solved] About family court drug testing

(@Howler1990)
Active Member Registered

Wonder if anyone can help I was in court yesterday and I was expecting cafcass to ask me for drug test but they never and haven't out in there report that I should be tested does this mean the court won't ask me to be or can a judge still ask for me to be?

Topic starter Posted : 16/08/2017 1:48 pm
(@got-the-tshirt)
Famed Member Registered

Hi There,
A judge could still ask for a drug test, I would say that you may want to get one done before they ask if you want to speed things up, that way if the judge does order it you will be one step ahead, it will also show that you have nothing to hide. That is of course as long as you would be clear of drugs.
GTTS

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2017 10:35 pm

(@Gjl2016)
Eminent Member Registered

Hello,

I had alcohol tests done (hair & blood) at the recommendation of Cafcass and request from the respondents solicitor. This process didn't slow down my application due to it being a fairly quick process from payment to results and falling in between Court dates.

I would prepare yourself to still be asked throughout your Court proceedings. If there is drugs involved i would recommend you do all you can to stop. Speaking from experience, getting a clean result back gives you extra drive to keep battling on.

All the best.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/08/2017 12:58 pm
(@Howler1990)
Active Member Registered

I used to smoke alot of weed but I gave up a year ago but I had a relapse about 3 months ago and smoked it a couple times the last time being about 2 months ago I told cafcass this but she didnt seem to bothered but for that reason I know I'll fail the test I haven't smoked it again since so they will only find low levels in my system im willing to do one in a couple of months and again after until its proven I'm completely clean again would this help

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/08/2017 1:25 am

how contact centres work

(@Howler1990)
Active Member Registered

I would fail for weed but nothing else I gave it up a year ago but had a relapse about 3 months ago and smoked it 3 or 4 times last time being 2 months ago they would only find low levels I've got a character reference from a support worker stating that I was clean before this and have been again since and would be willing to do a drug test in a month or so to prove it would this help

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/08/2017 1:34 am
(@got-the-tshirt)
Famed Member Registered

Hi There,
I think from what you have said if you smoked a few joints 2 months ago, from what I have read (I am no expert and not ever used drugs) it sounds as though it should be out of your system by now, but as you say at worst it would be low levels which if you explained to a judge you relapse but have stopped again and don't intent to relapse again, I think they would understand.
Again though where drugs are involved I'm not that well informed.
GTTS

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2017 9:12 pm

top tips to support your child after breakup

(@marwood)
Eminent Member Registered

I spent a lot of time looking into drug tests after some allegations my ex which I was able to disprove using them.

If you order a head hair test, you can get them to chop it into 1cm segments and do a month by month analysis of your usage, showing that you smoked weed 2/3 month ago but haven't since. It can be pricey though, as many labs charge per substance. What I'd probably do is get a month by month for weed, and the standard 3/6 month for everything else. Prices vary hugely across labs, I found Alpha Biolabs, DNA Legal and Cansford labs to all be fairly competitive from the 5 or 6 that I called up for quotes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2017 10:23 am
 Yoda
(@yoda)
Famed Member

I think you have 2 choices really - either organise a test yourself to pre empt the possibility of the court ordering one, or, wait to see what happens when you attend court. I'm afraid to say, you have a better chance of not being ordered to undertake tests if you have a District Judge as they're generally a bit more in touch with reality. Magistrates tend to sit on the fence more in these situations.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2017 12:55 pm

(@Yasser)
Trusted Member Registered

Hi just to second that, I had a District judge in my case and even with allegations of drug abuse from my ex the Judge didn't order a drug test. The District Judge asked me "do you" and I said "No"...that was the last it came up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2017 5:41 pm
(@mr-slim)
Famed Member Registered

I'd wait until you get asked to by the judge and by that time it will be out your system so you will be confident in taking one, I thought I'd get asked to do one so I gave up smoking weed after 20 years and took a test after 10 weeks of giving up and I passed, the judge asked me to do one anyway and I showed them the negative test then they ordered me to do another one anyway which was a bummer so I ended up forking out £500 for 2 tests when I could of got away with £250 so as I said I'd just wait until your asked 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2017 2:34 am

how contact centres work

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Share:

Pin It on Pinterest