TOPIC: what to expect???????

what to expect??????? 6 months 6 days ago #83977

hi all , ive not seen my child from 1 week old, over a year ago, what a year ive had ups not many , mainly downs, gutted , ive a child, well a baby that was, and to make it even harder , i was still in love with my horrid ex partner, whos stopd contact,, am in court, if i get to see my child my emotions will again play with my mind,, how the hell do you deal with this, very afraid, upsett , and hurt, the baby will now be a small child, little person, who dont no dad, feeling down,, but with just a glint of hope,, left,
  • a1dad2be
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Last Edit: 6 months 6 days ago by a1dad2be.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

what to expect??????? 6 months 5 days ago #83983

Hi,

3 years ago i was in a very similar situation to you, i got stopped seeing my child from a very young age, my daughter was a month old, but in all honesty i did contribute to contact breakdown so i am at fault also. The best you can do is what you are already doing, take her to court but be careful of everything you do from now on as it can and will be used against you. Things have changed somewhat over the years, if the mother turns up with years of ammo against you the judges ignore the pettiness, CAFCASS will almost certainly be involved and keep them sweet as their opinion does way quite heavy on the final decision. If you genuinely have done nothing wrong, there is no violence or neglect towards the child you should get a contact order no problem, keep the mother sweet, let her hear what she wants to hear cos let me tell you, mothers are as powerful if not more powerful than any family judge in the land. I currently have a contact order but not seen my child for 18 months cos i upset the mother, theres a little insight to how flimsy and quite crap family court is. In criminal court you innocent till proven guilty, in family court your guilty and you need to fight and prove your innocence.

If you cant afford a solicitor get a makenzie friend, alot cheaper and worth the dow.

Paul
  • T135T0
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27

what to expect??????? 6 months 5 days ago #83992

It's really tough I know, but you are on the right path and hopefully you will reach the end of his with a court order for contact with your child.

I appreciate how you feel about the time that has already been lost, but your little one is still very young and won't remember this time in their life, and once contact starts the pain will subside and the memory of this sad time will fade.

All the best
  • Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1302
DadTalk Moderator

Not legally trained... just plenty of experience and common sense!

what to expect??????? 6 months 2 days ago #84051

cheers paul, i havent neglected my child, coz ive not seen her, since 1 week old? and i never ever hit her mother, but at the time i was pushed to the max,, if u no what i mean, ive had talk to cafcass, i just told the truth,, was honest with um, but i guess im no angel ,, we will see, no dout,
  • a1dad2be
  • Junior Boarder

what to expect??????? 6 months 2 days ago #84052

thanks mojo, nice words,
  • a1dad2be
  • Junior Boarder

what to expect??????? 6 months 1 day ago #84057

I can't really add much to Mojo's words to you, except to echo the same sentiments. Keep posting and you will get support from our members. Everyone here has been where you are in some way.

Best wishes
  • Yoda
  • Thank you received: 348
DAD.info Moderator

If we have helped you in any way, please help DAD.info by placing your votes on the Aviva Funding Competition website for DAD.info – please click here: community-fund.aviva.co.uk/voting/project/view/17-4643 thank you.