TOPIC: X WONT LET ME SEE SON I NEED HELP PLEASE ?!?!?!?!?

X WONT LET ME SEE SON I NEED HELP PLEASE ?!?!?!?!? 1 year 10 months ago #70681

I split from my ex 2 years ago now andd for the last year or so shes been making up reasons to block access to my son resulting in telling me to go legal as im never seeing him again, but i dont know how to do this, im in recovery from severe health issues and addiction problems and even though i can prove cleanliness from addiction for nearly 5 years she is trying to play that card and im at a loss and losing my mind with suffering and depression of not being with or seeing him at all and its killing me i need help please anyone???
The administrator has disabled public write access.

X WONT LET ME SEE SON I NEED HELP PLEASE ?!?!?!?!? 1 year 10 months ago #70700

Hi and welcome

You are going to have to try mediation first, as this is a requirement now before going down the court route - take a look at www.nfm.org.uk

It's also worth looking at the sticky topics at the top of the legal section here on representing yourself in court as that will give you and idea of the procedures.
  • actd
  • Thank you received: 1460
Dad.info moderator

I am not qualified in family law, or other area of family matters. I am simply a dad who has been through the mill. Any opinions I give are my own, and any advice should be checked before acting on it.

DONATING

If you feel that we have helped in some small way please consider texting DAD10 followed by a donation amount of either £5 or £10 to 7007

X WONT LET ME SEE SON I NEED HELP PLEASE ?!?!?!?!? 1 year 10 months ago #70745

As actd has said, you will need to attend mediation first, if you are on benefits or a low income you will be entitled to funding for this service.

Try not to worry too much about your history, if you have been clean for five years the courts will see that as historic. Your health issues will be looked at as the courts have to be sure that there are no safeguarding concerns regarding your child.

It might help you to attend a Families Need Fathers meeting in your area, you will get legal advice and support from other members. Here's a link to their website where you'll find details of meetings nationally.

www.fnf.org.uk/help-and-support-2/local-branch-meetings

Best of luck
  • Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1275
DadTalk Moderator

Not legally trained... just plenty of experience and common sense!