TOPIC: loosing children

loosing children 2 years 2 months ago #66447

Hi,

I will explain my situation. My ex wife has left the house a year ago with my 2 children and since I have been seeing them rarely, maybe once a month. I have been paying child maintenance since the beginning and she has taken them outside the country on holidays without letting me know for 2 weeks.

She is not giving regular news about my kids such as how are they doing at school etc... I really feel that I am loosing my children and I feel powerless. Is there any chance for me? How much would taking an action to court cost me?

Uncle Sam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

loosing children 2 years 2 months ago #66456

Hi there

As you were married you have Parental Responsibility and as such have the right to be kept in the loop as far as your children's health, education and religion are concerned. However if a mother chooses to flout this there's nothing in place to stop her.

You can contact the childrens school and ask them to keep you informed of the children's progress and any events for parents, and if you have any concerns about their health you can also contact the children's GP too.

As far as getting some firm and regular contact in place legally, you can do this as a Litigant In Person (LIP), this meanss you are not legally represented. There are lots of Dads here that have done this and it's very doable. Theres lots of info about the court process in the stickys at the top of the Legal Eagle section that you may find useful.

The cost of a court application for a Child Arrangements Order for contact would cost £215. Prior to submitting an application you must be able to show that mediation was attempted. The court application form (C100 form) has to be signed off by the mediator before it can be submitted.

You would need to make an appointment with a mediator and attend to discuss the issues, the mediator would then write to your ex and ask her to attend. If she refuses, or mediation isn't successful the form would then be signed off. This can cost anything from £90 per session.

Best of luck
  • Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1275
DadTalk Moderator

Not legally trained... just plenty of experience and common sense!
The administrator has disabled public write access.